Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My apologies for neglecting my blog...school has gotten busier, and I seem to have gotten lazier. :) Also, I haven't been on any exciting trips lately, nor have I blown up any more appliances, so I didn't have anything pressing to write about. However, I'm out of school for the rest of the week, so I'll be leaving in a few hours for Marrakech and Essaouira in southern Morocco; hopefully I'll have more adventures to share when I return from that trip.

Life for the last few weeks has mostly been the normal cycle of sleeping, eating, going to class, doing homework, procrastinating homework, and spending time with friends. My classes seem to be going well--though it's hard to tell, since my only grades in several of my courses come solely from the mid-term and the final, which I haven't taken yet--and the only noteworthy experience I can think of is my joining the club swim team at AUI, and being asked after my first practice to represent the team at a meet in Lebanon over Spring Break. The invitation blew me away, since I hadn't been to a swim practice in about three years, but I was flattered that they thought I could get back into shape in time. Unfortunately, I'm already heading to France and Spain for Spring Break, so I had to turn down the Lebanon trip (which probably would have been too expensive anyway), but I'm still so surprised to have been invited that I get excited just thinking about what it might have been like. The less-exciting part of being back in the water is that my shoulder started popping in and out of place again, so I've been doing my part to keep the Icy Hot folks in business for the last couple of days.

Despite my lack of exciting news, I'm still very much enjoying my time in Ifrane--especially now that the sun is shining again--and I can't believe time is going by so quickly. Happily, I haven't been very homesick (or any other kind of sick, thankfully!) so far, but I'd still love to hear from all of you if you get the chance to drop a letter in the mail, send me a Facebook or Skype message, or shoot me an email! The postal service here is rather pokey, unfortunately, but for those of you who I've promised letters, they're on the way (just a bit slow to arrive). I look forward to hearing from you all soon, and hope to post more frequent and interesting blogs in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment